Keep that tire rolling
Considering how important tires are for a smooth and safe drive, it is surprising just how quick and it is easy to care for your tires. By following our tire care tips, and conducting simple regular checks, you will not just save time and money, but more importantly, stay safe on road.
- Do A Daily Visual Check
- Do A Monthly Tire Pressure Check
- 1. Use a proper tyre guage to measure tyre pressure.
- 2. Check pressure and inflate only when the tyres are cold (a hot tyre will show inaccurate reading due to inflation).
- 3. It takes as long as 4 hours for a tyre to cool down so it's best to check tyre pressure first thing in the morning.
- 4. Your vehicle tyre pressure chart can usually be found on the driver's door frame.
- 5. Don't forget to also inflate your spare tyre.
- Check For Irregular Wear
- Rotate Tires Every 8000km - 10000km
- Check The Tread Depth Indicator
- Check The Wheel Alignment
- 1. Misaligned wheels cause tyres to wear more quickly and irregularly, and prevents the vehicle from running or braking in a straight line. The suspension and steering components will also be subjected to extra stress.
- 2. It is a good idea to have your wheels aligned by a computerised alignment machine. A reputable workshop should have the wheel alignment specifications of your vehicle model. overall diameter, and exhibit the same or higher Speed Symbol (SS)/Load Index (LI) of the original tyre as far as possible.